Feb 15, 2009

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Reflexology changed my life when I was 37 years old. My experience of
the effectiveness of reflexology inspired me to promote it in my
parish, to help people, and unexpectedly it reached out to the whole
Far East.
Over the years it has become the most popular natural health method in
many countries.
Through the exchange of ideas and studies with hundreds of friends,
students, and colleagues, our method changed, improved, and took on,
at first with the name:'Taiwanese Reflexology.'Many people have
contributed to the growth and success of what is now known as Father
Josef's Reflexology.
I am indebted to Eugene Cheng. Without his longtime friendship and
studies this book would have been impossible. He introduced me to
Chinese Traditional Medicine with its theories of Yin and Yang and the
Five Elements. This gave me a new understanding of the effectiveness
of reflexology.
I appreciate all the assistance from the well-known reflexologist and
author Christine Issel who invited me to the conference in Hawaii
(1999) where our method gained wider attention. Christine, with the
help of Shannon Hu, accepted the challenge of editing this English
edition.
I am thankful to Irina Breslav who came to Taiwan and learned our
method following the conference in Hawaii. She invited me to teach
several workshops in the United States. Through her, our method of
reflexology has taken root in the States as FJM Reflexology.
I am grateful to all my students and my teachers, and for the many
colleagues in the whole of Asia, in Taiwan, my second home country,
and on the other four continents where I have taught. They have all
given me precious inspiration for this new method of reflexology. When
I was invited to teach in Santa Cruz (Bolivia) and Zimbabwe (Africa),
I realized that this method is a God given gift, especially for the
poor, who cannot afford expensive medicine.
I have been especially blessed by the countless clients who have
challenged me with their health problems and helped me improve my
knowledge and service.
With the spread of reflexology around the world, I still have two more
dreams. The first is to find out how much reflexology can do for those
suffering with AIDS. My second dream is that reflexology be used by
every family as a natural, very effective and easy method of
preventing illness. If everyone took ten minutes a day to work on his
or her feet, he or she will experience better health and the expenses
for healthcare will be less.
I pass this gift of reflexology to you with my sincere hope that it
will change your life as it has changed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment